Sunday, March 23, 2008

The weekend come to a close...

I'm sitting right now at my computer upstairs while alex is playing behind me with his toys after a busy weekend, once again. 
Yesterday we all got up early and got ready to go to Nashville. After stopping at IHOP for breakfast we went to the Opry Mills Outlet Mall in Nashville to take a look around. Drew bought me a watch at the Fossil outlet there and I got some new flipflops at Old Navy for the summer. We then went to Sams Club... what a trek. We go to the Sam's Club on the southside of Nashville when we need formula for alex rather then going to the one here in Clarksville. The Sams in Nashville sells his brand of formula (Similac Soy) for 28 dollars for 36 ounces. Walmart and Target sell it for 26 dollars for 25 ounces. So, in the long run, it's worth it. Especially since he goes through a half a can at home and half a can at daycare a week. Only five more months of formula though, thank goodness. It's very expensive!! So we stocked up yesterday - I almost died when I saw the bill, but then realized that we bought 12 cans of formula, as well as diapers and stuff we all use a lot of. But, our Sams is up next month and I don't think drew is going to renew it, so we had to stockpile. 
After Sams we went to downtown Nashville to the Frist Museum to see the exhibit 'Monet to Dali'. Drew just wanted to see the Dali and Surrealist work, but I'm more interested in the Impressionism stuff, so it was good for us to get some culture. They had a couple of Picasso's, which drew thought was cool, and they had some Monet's and a Mondrian which was really cool. I discovered Mondrian in 9th grade, and it was awesome to finally see one in person. Drew doesn't really get it, but going to a Museum to see people I admire is awesome to me. It's like going to a concert or something. You hear the music, and buy the cd's - but there is nothing like an upclose and personal experience with it - you know? 
Anywho - we met up with a guy drew works with and his girlfriend and mom so then we met them a little later for dinner at the old spaghetti factory. I had never been there and was kind of dreading it (I thought it was like buca de beppo and I hate that place) - but, besides the service, the food was pretty good. Alex got his first taste of ice cream and he was loving that crap. It was busy because the predators had played, but we had a nice dinner. 
Phew. That just made me tired writing about it. 
Today we just hung around and cleaned. I went to the movies this afternoon with Melissa to see The Other Boleyn Girl. It was really good, and now I really want to learn about the Royals, cause I had NO idea what was going on.... but it was really interesting. Anything that makes my mind work lately I have been a fan of. 
Oh, I also found this website this week - www.postsecret.com and I thought it was amazing. You should look at it if you haven't. 


well, Alex is getting hungry - so yet again - the child beckons!!!!


No comments: