Sunday, March 9, 2008

OK - My first, real-life post.

Well, Drew, Alex and I got back yesterday from our 'Road trip to the West'. We left Thursday, Feb 28th to drive to New Mexico to visit my family - who have never met my husband. So - we stay in Memphis Thursday PM, get up friday AM, stay in Oklahoma city (after going to see the memorial - that's crazy - all those tiny, little chairs lined up representing the children that died - SO SAD), Ok - stay in OK City Friday PM then arrive in Albuquerque Saturday around 3. We went to visit with my Aunt and her boyfriend and my father Saturday evening and had a lot of fun. Had breakfast with dad Sunday and Drew tried Red-Chilli for the first time - needless to say he did very well (the toilet, however - not so fond). Lunch consisted of going to Old Town and eating with my cousin, Jason, and his wife. This was also fun. Jason and Drew talked computers, while Maresa seemed mortified that Alex was screaming (for fun). I highly doubt kids are in Jason and Maresa's future. Dinner Sunday consisted of BBQ steak and crablegs made by my aunts boyfriend, Tim. And it was awesome. Monday was more site-seeing in Albuquerque and more food.... Tuesday we made the drive to Gallup (on west side of New Mexico) to visit my Grandmother, Aunt and Uncle. (More eating involved here). On Thursday we started the trek home.  Thursday PM we stayed in Amarillo, TX and Friday we were GOING to try to make it all the way home - but - the great SNOW-GODS in Arkansas decided against that plan. So, we got stuck in the snow in Arkansas and ended up spending the night just outside of Little Rock. We got up early yesterday and finished our journey home. YAY, we are home. 
Well - all it sounds like we did was eat and drive. We did eat a lot, and we drove a lot. But we had fun. Drew really enjoyed my family and I hope vice-versa.  
So - now we return to the regular routine of school, work and life... but our mini-vacation was very fun!!

1 comment:

mickylynn969 said...

I'm glad you guys had a lot of fun! I can't believe your family is just now meeting him! Too funny. I guess it's a little late to get their opinions!! :) Sounds like the little one did ok too!