Friday, March 14, 2008

One down, five thousand to go...

Well, I have spent all evening in my 'studio' modifying my plaster casts into something with texture. I guess I should start at the beginning.... In my 3 Dimensional Design class we made balloon plaster casts the second week of school. We put them aside and did a different project (carving alabaster). Then he informs us on thursday afternoon that we have to modify our balloon plaster casts into something that has texture on them. He showed us examples of what worked and what didn't so we had the basic idea. That's the key word - he likes them basic. This is one teacher where I will do what I know he will like, instead of doing what I think is awesome (basically, because I need the A for my G.P.A). So I went to walmart today to see what I could find. I ended up glueing glass pebbles to one and pipecleaners to another. Oh well, we will see what happens!!  At least I knocked down one thing on my list, right?? 

Now tomorrow I have to start my 'egg' drawing, help Natalie set up for her daughters birthday party and then attend that. Sunday I work.... eek. 

On the subject of work - I went back to work today part time because we really need the money. I went to my morning class and then worked from 12.30 until I finished. All the clients were very happy with their dogs, which is awesome because I haven't worked since January!! And since Melissa just opened the shop all the dogs have to look super-duper good. I'm lazy, so this new client motivation helps me. I did two yorkies, a cocker and a shih tzu. Dog grooming is just like riding a bike - it all comes back to you within about point zero seconds. But, it's nice to get back into it, although I know tomorrow my back will be aching and my wrist hurting. Boo-hoo!!

Well, Drew just came up and informed me that he was going to bed and I guess I will too. 

But, one last note before I go - 

I wrote in my sketchbook this morning that I needed to stop 'slipping by' in life, and I need to start doing things. So - I guess that will be my 'St Patricks Day Resolution' - START DOING THINGS... 
Here goes............

2 comments:

Alex said...

I did the same thing in a few of my photo classes when I was in school. I hate that some professors grade so harshly on things that they might not be interested in!

I finished the Alice Sebold book yesterday and it was better than I thought it would be. Interesting to read about the strained mother-daughter relationship. You should give it a try!

Journey_of_Life said...

http://oneagainstmesothelioma.blogspot.com/

please see site above: thanks :)